LPG dealership allocation by lottery system: Govt
New Delhi: Government today said it had
introduced lottery system to allocate dealerships of LPG and
other petroleum products to bring greater transparency to the
Replying to supplementaries during Question Hour, Minister
of State for Petroleum Jitin Prasada said locals would be
given preference in allocation of LPG and kerosene dealerships
in rural areas.
For convenience of customers, especially those residing in
non-metropolitan areas, oil marketing companies have been
setting up low cost rural retail outlets in addition to
regular ones, to cater to rural/agricultural market in order
to reach petroleum products to farmers` doorstep, he said.
"Further, with a view to increasing LPG penetration to
cover low potential/rural areas, a new scheme called Rajiv
Gandhi Gramin LPG Vitarak Yojana has been launched," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch