LPG to cost Rs 16 less in West Bengal
Kolkata: To provide relief to the common people reeling under hiked fuel price, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday announced her government`s decision to withdraw cess on LPG and thus save Rs 16 per cylinder for the consumers with immediate effect.
``I consulted my Finance minister Amit MItra after midnight decision of the UPA government to hike prices of diesel, LPG and Kerosene oil and decided to withdraw cess collected by the state government on each LPG cylinder to give relief to common people``, the chief minister told reporters here.
She said that the state government would not collect cess of Rs 16 per LPG cylinder and this would effectively put the burden of hike at Rs 34 and not Rs 50 on consumers in the state.
``UPA government raised the LPG cylinder price by Rs 50, but consumers in our state will bear Rs 34 by our government`s decision``, she said.
This, she said, would entail loss of Rs 75 crore to the state exchequer ``which we will mop up from other sources of income. But our government does not want to put more burden on the people``.
``I think this will provide relief to the Ma, Mati and Manush``, she said adding that notification in this regard would be made on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH