LS adjourned till noon amid uproar over blackmoney
New Delhi: The Lok Sabha was adjourned till noon on Monday following Opposition uproar over the issue of bringing back blackmoney stashed away abroad and alleged atrocities against Hindus in Pakistan.
As soon as the House met, Harin Pathak (BJP) demanded that he be allowed to raise the issue of blackmoney.
Speaker Meira Kumar said she would allow Rajnath Singh (BJP) and Gurudas Dasgupta (CPI) to raise the issue during Zero Hour.
BJP members, however, appeared unimpressed and kept raising slogans as the Speaker took up Question Hour.
Soon, BJP and Shiv Sena members trooped into the Well raising slogans - `kaladhan vapas lao (bring back blackmoney) and `stop atrocities against Hindus in Pakistan`.
As the din continued, the Speaker adjourned the House till noon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years