LS adjourned twice after Opposition uproar
New Delhi: The demand for dismissal of Home Minister P Chidambaram in the wake of allegations against his son Karti`s dealings in a telecom company stalled proceedings in the Lok Sabha on Friday with an agitated BJP, JD(U) and AIADMK storming the Well.
Demands for dismissing Chidambaram were made by the agitating members as soon as the House met for the day leading to it adjournment till noon.
"Chidambaram has indulged in massive corruption. He should be dismissed as Home Minister immediately," BJP leader Yashwant Sinha said.
When the House reassembled, similar scenes were witnessed with AIADMK and JD(U) members raising slogans demanding that Chidambaram step down or the government sack him.
As the members were unrelenting, Speaker Meira Kumar adjourned the House till 2 pm.
The Home Minister was not present in the House.
Janata Party chief Subramanian Swamy had yesterday levelled fresh allegations against Chidambaram, accusing him of delaying permission for the sale of Aircel to Malaysia- based Maxis in 2006 when he was Finance Minister so that his son Karti was financially benefitted.
The BJP members were also protesting against the alleged anti-farmer policies of the government. Raising the slogans seeking a better deal for farmers in the Minimum Support Prices for wheat, they wanted the government to realise the plight of the farming community.
"This anti-farmer government will not continue", they shouted. JD(U) members joined the chorus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145