LS adjourned twice after Opposition uproar
New Delhi: The demand for dismissal of Home Minister P Chidambaram in the wake of allegations against his son Karti`s dealings in a telecom company stalled proceedings in the Lok Sabha on Friday with an agitated BJP, JD(U) and AIADMK storming the Well.
Demands for dismissing Chidambaram were made by the agitating members as soon as the House met for the day leading to it adjournment till noon.
"Chidambaram has indulged in massive corruption. He should be dismissed as Home Minister immediately," BJP leader Yashwant Sinha said.
When the House reassembled, similar scenes were witnessed with AIADMK and JD(U) members raising slogans demanding that Chidambaram step down or the government sack him.
As the members were unrelenting, Speaker Meira Kumar adjourned the House till 2 pm.
The Home Minister was not present in the House.
Janata Party chief Subramanian Swamy had yesterday levelled fresh allegations against Chidambaram, accusing him of delaying permission for the sale of Aircel to Malaysia- based Maxis in 2006 when he was Finance Minister so that his son Karti was financially benefitted.
The BJP members were also protesting against the alleged anti-farmer policies of the government. Raising the slogans seeking a better deal for farmers in the Minimum Support Prices for wheat, they wanted the government to realise the plight of the farming community.
"This anti-farmer government will not continue", they shouted. JD(U) members joined the chorus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter