LS adjourned twice after Opposition uproar
New Delhi: The demand for dismissal of Home Minister P Chidambaram in the wake of allegations against his son Karti`s dealings in a telecom company stalled proceedings in the Lok Sabha on Friday with an agitated BJP, JD(U) and AIADMK storming the Well.
Demands for dismissing Chidambaram were made by the agitating members as soon as the House met for the day leading to it adjournment till noon.
"Chidambaram has indulged in massive corruption. He should be dismissed as Home Minister immediately," BJP leader Yashwant Sinha said.
When the House reassembled, similar scenes were witnessed with AIADMK and JD(U) members raising slogans demanding that Chidambaram step down or the government sack him.
As the members were unrelenting, Speaker Meira Kumar adjourned the House till 2 pm.
The Home Minister was not present in the House.
Janata Party chief Subramanian Swamy had yesterday levelled fresh allegations against Chidambaram, accusing him of delaying permission for the sale of Aircel to Malaysia- based Maxis in 2006 when he was Finance Minister so that his son Karti was financially benefitted.
The BJP members were also protesting against the alleged anti-farmer policies of the government. Raising the slogans seeking a better deal for farmers in the Minimum Support Prices for wheat, they wanted the government to realise the plight of the farming community.
"This anti-farmer government will not continue", they shouted. JD(U) members joined the chorus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest