LS adjourned twice after Opposition uproar
New Delhi: The demand for dismissal of Home Minister P Chidambaram in the wake of allegations against his son Karti`s dealings in a telecom company stalled proceedings in the Lok Sabha on Friday with an agitated BJP, JD(U) and AIADMK storming the Well.
Demands for dismissing Chidambaram were made by the agitating members as soon as the House met for the day leading to it adjournment till noon.
"Chidambaram has indulged in massive corruption. He should be dismissed as Home Minister immediately," BJP leader Yashwant Sinha said.
When the House reassembled, similar scenes were witnessed with AIADMK and JD(U) members raising slogans demanding that Chidambaram step down or the government sack him.
As the members were unrelenting, Speaker Meira Kumar adjourned the House till 2 pm.
The Home Minister was not present in the House.
Janata Party chief Subramanian Swamy had yesterday levelled fresh allegations against Chidambaram, accusing him of delaying permission for the sale of Aircel to Malaysia- based Maxis in 2006 when he was Finance Minister so that his son Karti was financially benefitted.
The BJP members were also protesting against the alleged anti-farmer policies of the government. Raising the slogans seeking a better deal for farmers in the Minimum Support Prices for wheat, they wanted the government to realise the plight of the farming community.
"This anti-farmer government will not continue", they shouted. JD(U) members joined the chorus.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India