LS adjourns after tributes to sitting MP
New Delhi: Lok Sabha was adjourned for the day on Friday after condoling the death of sitting member Mukesh Gadhvi.
Gadhvi, a first term Congress member from Banaskantha in Gujarat, breathed his last in Ahmedabad this morning. He was 50.
He was a member of Gujarat Assembly for three terms from 1998-2009.
"An active social and political worker, he promoted the cause of education, particularly of the girl child," Speaker Meira Kumar said in her obituary reference as soon as the Lok Sabha met for the day.
The House also mourned the loss of lives in a major fire that broke out in a market in Kolkata on Wednesday.
Members observed silence for a while as a mark of respect to the memory of the departed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love