LS BJP members should resign, instead of threatening: Digvijay
Bhopal: Criticising the BJP for disrupting Parliament session on the issue of alleged coal blocks scam, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Friday said if the BJP Lok Sabha members wanted to resign en masse, they were free to do so.
"There was no need for the BJP members to threaten that they will resign, instead they should quit without any ado," Singh told a news agency.
And in case BJP members resign, byelections would be held in all the constituencies represented by them, he said while claiming that even in a worse situation, the "Congress will win at least 20-30 seats presently held by the BJP".
The BJP was not doing any good thing by forcibly stalling proceedings in Parliament, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites