LS BJP members should resign, instead of threatening: Digvijay
Bhopal: Criticising the BJP for disrupting Parliament session on the issue of alleged coal blocks scam, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Friday said if the BJP Lok Sabha members wanted to resign en masse, they were free to do so.
"There was no need for the BJP members to threaten that they will resign, instead they should quit without any ado," Singh told a news agency.
And in case BJP members resign, byelections would be held in all the constituencies represented by them, he said while claiming that even in a worse situation, the "Congress will win at least 20-30 seats presently held by the BJP".
The BJP was not doing any good thing by forcibly stalling proceedings in Parliament, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs