LS BJP members should resign, instead of threatening: Digvijay
Bhopal: Criticising the BJP for disrupting Parliament session on the issue of alleged coal blocks scam, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Friday said if the BJP Lok Sabha members wanted to resign en masse, they were free to do so.
"There was no need for the BJP members to threaten that they will resign, instead they should quit without any ado," Singh told a news agency.
And in case BJP members resign, byelections would be held in all the constituencies represented by them, he said while claiming that even in a worse situation, the "Congress will win at least 20-30 seats presently held by the BJP".
The BJP was not doing any good thing by forcibly stalling proceedings in Parliament, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Islamic State selling sex slaves on Facebook for $8,000
- Puducherry: Narayanasamy to meet Lt Gov Kiran Bedi today, stake claim to form govt
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report