LS disruped till noon over Telangana issue
New Delhi: The Telangana issue rocked the Lok Sabha on Wednesday with Speaker Meira Kumar adjourning the House till noon as TRS and TDP members aggressively raised slogans asking Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to make a statement.
As soon as the Speaker made obituary references to the victims of the Dhubri boat tragedy and other accidents, TRS members K Chandrasekhara Rao and Vijayashanti and TDP member Ramesh Rathore trooped to the Well waving placards.
TDP leader Nama Nageshwar Rao was seen standing in the aisle with a banner in support of a separate Telangana.
The agitating members continued to raise slogans as the Speaker went ahead with the Question Hour.
Irked over Chair`s determination to go ahead with the proceedings, Vijayashanti stepped up the charge by addressing the Prime Minister and demanded that he tell the House when a separate Telangana would be carved out.
Singh was seen exchanging notes with Leader of the House and Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee. UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi had just entered the House and taken her seat.
As slogan shouting continued, the Speaker adjourned the House till noon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Muslims have always been a part of America: Obama
- Google honours legendary singer Mukesh with a doodle on 93rd birth anniversary
- Start Brexit negotiations as soon as possible: Hollande urges Britain
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva