LS disruped till noon over Telangana issue
New Delhi: The Telangana issue rocked the Lok Sabha on Wednesday with Speaker Meira Kumar adjourning the House till noon as TRS and TDP members aggressively raised slogans asking Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to make a statement.
As soon as the Speaker made obituary references to the victims of the Dhubri boat tragedy and other accidents, TRS members K Chandrasekhara Rao and Vijayashanti and TDP member Ramesh Rathore trooped to the Well waving placards.
TDP leader Nama Nageshwar Rao was seen standing in the aisle with a banner in support of a separate Telangana.
The agitating members continued to raise slogans as the Speaker went ahead with the Question Hour.
Irked over Chair`s determination to go ahead with the proceedings, Vijayashanti stepped up the charge by addressing the Prime Minister and demanded that he tell the House when a separate Telangana would be carved out.
Singh was seen exchanging notes with Leader of the House and Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee. UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi had just entered the House and taken her seat.
As slogan shouting continued, the Speaker adjourned the House till noon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!