LS disruped till noon over Telangana issue
New Delhi: The Telangana issue rocked the Lok Sabha on Wednesday with Speaker Meira Kumar adjourning the House till noon as TRS and TDP members aggressively raised slogans asking Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to make a statement.
As soon as the Speaker made obituary references to the victims of the Dhubri boat tragedy and other accidents, TRS members K Chandrasekhara Rao and Vijayashanti and TDP member Ramesh Rathore trooped to the Well waving placards.
TDP leader Nama Nageshwar Rao was seen standing in the aisle with a banner in support of a separate Telangana.
The agitating members continued to raise slogans as the Speaker went ahead with the Question Hour.
Irked over Chair`s determination to go ahead with the proceedings, Vijayashanti stepped up the charge by addressing the Prime Minister and demanded that he tell the House when a separate Telangana would be carved out.
Singh was seen exchanging notes with Leader of the House and Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee. UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi had just entered the House and taken her seat.
As slogan shouting continued, the Speaker adjourned the House till noon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise