LS disruped till noon over Telangana issue
New Delhi: The Telangana issue rocked the Lok Sabha on Wednesday with Speaker Meira Kumar adjourning the House till noon as TRS and TDP members aggressively raised slogans asking Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to make a statement.
As soon as the Speaker made obituary references to the victims of the Dhubri boat tragedy and other accidents, TRS members K Chandrasekhara Rao and Vijayashanti and TDP member Ramesh Rathore trooped to the Well waving placards.
TDP leader Nama Nageshwar Rao was seen standing in the aisle with a banner in support of a separate Telangana.
The agitating members continued to raise slogans as the Speaker went ahead with the Question Hour.
Irked over Chair`s determination to go ahead with the proceedings, Vijayashanti stepped up the charge by addressing the Prime Minister and demanded that he tell the House when a separate Telangana would be carved out.
Singh was seen exchanging notes with Leader of the House and Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee. UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi had just entered the House and taken her seat.
As slogan shouting continued, the Speaker adjourned the House till noon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state