LS disruption: Tewari wants no pay for no work
New Delhi: Congress spokesman Manish Tewari has written to Lok Sabha secretary general that he should not be given the daily allowance on days when the house does not transact any business due to disruptions.
Tewari, an MP from Ludhiana, said he felt that it was unethical on the part of MPs to take an allowance without doing any work.
"I feel it is unethical to take money without work," Tewari said here.
He said lawmakers should be accountable towards people. The MP allowance was recently hiked from Rs.1,000 to Rs.2,000 per day.
The MP Monday took a dig at the opposition Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) for stalling the proceedings of the parliament over its demand for a joint parliamentary Committee (JPC) probe into the 2G spectrum issue.
He said the MPs who stall proceedings should not take allowance on the days they do not work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city