LS may have a brief discussion on price rise
New Delhi: With an immediate resolution of
the stalemate over the issue of adjournment motion not in
sight, Lok Sabha is likely to have a short-duration discussion
on price rise only on Monday.
Even as Government is not accepting the idea of an
adjournment motion being brought out by the BJP on black
money, highly placed sources said a short-duration discussion
on price rise is possible on Monday. Left parties were
pressing for an adjournment motion on price rise.
There is a view in the Government that while CPI is not
too keen on the issue of adjournment motion, CPI-M, which is
for the time being sticking to it, will also not be so rigid
on the issue as Left parties as a whole are not in favour of
continued disruptions of Parliament.
A minister speaking on condition of anonymity reminded
reporters of Mamata Banerjee`s presence in the national
capital when asked why CPI-M is insisting on adjournment
motion on price rise, thereby suggesting political compulsions
of the main opposition party in West Bengal.
The minister also pointed out that some of the Left MPs
also gave a notice for discussion on the issue under Rule 193,
which does not entail voting.
"Had they been rigid on adjournment, why would they
have given notice for discussion under rule 193," he said.
Highly-placed sources in the government said it was not
prepared on an adjournment motion on black money as giving
out names of people with accounts abroad could impact its
efforts in getting fresh names from other countries.
Referring to a notice of adjournment motion moved by BJP,
Shiv Sena and Left parties, the sources said though a final
decision would be taken by Speaker Meira Kumar tomorrow,
government was not ready for it.
"...at some stage government could be forced to give out
names of those having accounts abroad. It could impact
availability of fresh names...there are conditionalities
involved in making names public," they said, adding that
government was willing for a discussion on the issue of black
money in any other form.
Meanwhile, efforts were continuing to bring opposition
parties on board even as Leader of the House and Finance
Minister Pranab Mukherjee was holding consulations within the
Clearing the air on coordination among opposition parties
in Parliament, BJP today said NDA had reached an understanding
with the Left parties on supporting each other unconditionally
on issues of price rise and Indian Black money stashed abroad.
Both the Left parties and the BJP will again move an
adjournment motion in Lok Sabha tomorrow on issues of price
rise and black money. A similar motion, demanding suspension
of Question Hour to discuss these two issues, will also be
moved by the two in the Rajya Sabha tomorrow.
This is likely to lead to disruptions and adjournments
of the two Houses tomorrow as well. Two days of the winter
session have been spent without any transaction of business.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources