LS mourns death of children in Punjab road mishap
New Delhi: The Lok Sabha on Monday mourned the death of children in a road accident in Jalandhar district of Punjab. "I am deeply saddened to learn about the tragic accident in which 11 innocent children lost their lives and several others were injured in Jalandhar district of Punjab," Speaker Meira Kumar said in the Lok Sabha.
She also conveyed her condolences to the members of the bereaved families of those children who died in this tragic incident.
The children, students of a private school, were headed for the school when the mishap occurred near Jaheera village in Lambhra, close to Nakodar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price