LS mourns death of children in Punjab road mishap
New Delhi: The Lok Sabha on Monday mourned the death of children in a road accident in Jalandhar district of Punjab. "I am deeply saddened to learn about the tragic accident in which 11 innocent children lost their lives and several others were injured in Jalandhar district of Punjab," Speaker Meira Kumar said in the Lok Sabha.
She also conveyed her condolences to the members of the bereaved families of those children who died in this tragic incident.
The children, students of a private school, were headed for the school when the mishap occurred near Jaheera village in Lambhra, close to Nakodar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack