LS mourns death of children in Punjab road mishap
New Delhi: The Lok Sabha on Monday mourned the death of children in a road accident in Jalandhar district of Punjab. "I am deeply saddened to learn about the tragic accident in which 11 innocent children lost their lives and several others were injured in Jalandhar district of Punjab," Speaker Meira Kumar said in the Lok Sabha.
She also conveyed her condolences to the members of the bereaved families of those children who died in this tragic incident.
The children, students of a private school, were headed for the school when the mishap occurred near Jaheera village in Lambhra, close to Nakodar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters