LS mourns death of children in Punjab road mishap
New Delhi: The Lok Sabha on Monday mourned the death of children in a road accident in Jalandhar district of Punjab. "I am deeply saddened to learn about the tragic accident in which 11 innocent children lost their lives and several others were injured in Jalandhar district of Punjab," Speaker Meira Kumar said in the Lok Sabha.
She also conveyed her condolences to the members of the bereaved families of those children who died in this tragic incident.
The children, students of a private school, were headed for the school when the mishap occurred near Jaheera village in Lambhra, close to Nakodar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket