LS mourns Kanshiram Rana`s death
New Delhi: Lok Sabha Monday mourned the death of former member Kanshiram Rana, who breathed his last on Friday in Ahmedabad.
Rana (74) was a member of the 9th to 14th Lok Sabha from 1989 to 2009 representing Surat seat Gujarat.
He was Union Minister for Textiles from 1998 to 2003 and Rural Development from 2003 to 2004.
"We deeply mourn the loss of our friend and I am sure the House would join me in conveying our condolences to the bereaved family," Speaker Meira Kumar said.
Members then stood in silence for a while as a mark of respect to the departed soul.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?