LS mourns Kanshiram Rana`s death
New Delhi: Lok Sabha Monday mourned the death of former member Kanshiram Rana, who breathed his last on Friday in Ahmedabad.
Rana (74) was a member of the 9th to 14th Lok Sabha from 1989 to 2009 representing Surat seat Gujarat.
He was Union Minister for Textiles from 1998 to 2003 and Rural Development from 2003 to 2004.
"We deeply mourn the loss of our friend and I am sure the House would join me in conveying our condolences to the bereaved family," Speaker Meira Kumar said.
Members then stood in silence for a while as a mark of respect to the departed soul.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter