LS poll results will be stunning, in favour of Cong: Sachin Pilot
Jaipur: Exuding confidence of positive results in favour of Congress in Lok Sabha elections, party`s Rajasthan unit chief Sachin Pilot on Monday said BJP leaders have the misconception that they hold voters in their pockets.
"They have misconception about the voters that they are in their pocket. We are contesting to win and the results are going to be stunning and in favour of Congress," Pilot told reporters after the state executive meet here.
On dissatisfaction and protest by party leaders and workers over ticket distribution, the Rajasthan Pradesh Congress Committee president said the party has given tickets thoughtfully and in a balanced manner.
He said that many people demand for party tickets and expressing their views was their rights. "Overall, the tickets allotted are balanced," he said.
Referring to denial of ticket to BJP leader Jaswant Singh, he said BJP was sidelining its senior leaders. He said though it was BJP`s internal matter but sidelining senior leaders would have negative impact for the party.
On Congress leaders joining other parties including Colonel Sonaram Choudhary who is contesting on a BJP ticket from Barmer, Pilot he said the people who defect before elections shows how committed they were towards the party.
The state unit meeting, which was attended by AICC general secretary and in-charge of party affairs in the state Gurudas Kamath, was held to discuss Lok Sabha election preparations and election strategy.
Pilot informed that various committees related to the election would be constituted in coming days and a separate cell would also be established for better presence on social media.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa - Statistical highlights