LS polls: AAP releases 7th list, fields activist Uday Kumar from Kanyakumari
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
New Delhi: Arvind Kejriwal`s Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Tuesday released its seventh list of candidates for the upcoming Lok Sabh polls, which features anti-nuke activist SP Uday Kumar.
The party today declared candidates for 10 states and one Union Territory - Bihar (6), Tamil Nadu (8), Uttar Pradesh (4),and one each for Maharashtra, Sikkim, Tripura, Manipur Mizoram, Punjab, Rajasthan and the Union Territory of Puducherry.
With this list, the total number of candidates declared by the AAP so far has gone up to 268.
The party has fielded anti-nuclear activist Uday Kumar from Kanyakumari.
Kumar, the anti-nuclear activist who joined AAP last month, is the convenor of the People`s Movement Against Nuclear Energy or PMANE which spearheaded the anti-Kudankulam campaign.
The party has fielded Rengarajan V to take on Union Minister V Narayanasamy in Puducherry.
Among others who have been given party ticket to contest the polls are - Ramnivas Paswan (Bansgaon), Rita Singh (Shahjahanpur), Salman Ali Khan (Rampur), Rakesh Yadav (Firozabad), Dhanajay Paswan (Gaya), BK Das (Jamui), Rajendra Singh Nawada, Pranav Prakash (Nalanda), Kaushal Rai (Sikkim), J Prabhakar (Chennai Central).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29