LS polls: AAP releases 7th list, fields activist Uday Kumar from Kanyakumari
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
New Delhi: Arvind Kejriwal`s Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Tuesday released its seventh list of candidates for the upcoming Lok Sabh polls, which features anti-nuke activist SP Uday Kumar.
The party today declared candidates for 10 states and one Union Territory - Bihar (6), Tamil Nadu (8), Uttar Pradesh (4),and one each for Maharashtra, Sikkim, Tripura, Manipur Mizoram, Punjab, Rajasthan and the Union Territory of Puducherry.
With this list, the total number of candidates declared by the AAP so far has gone up to 268.
The party has fielded anti-nuclear activist Uday Kumar from Kanyakumari.
Kumar, the anti-nuclear activist who joined AAP last month, is the convenor of the People`s Movement Against Nuclear Energy or PMANE which spearheaded the anti-Kudankulam campaign.
The party has fielded Rengarajan V to take on Union Minister V Narayanasamy in Puducherry.
Among others who have been given party ticket to contest the polls are - Ramnivas Paswan (Bansgaon), Rita Singh (Shahjahanpur), Salman Ali Khan (Rampur), Rakesh Yadav (Firozabad), Dhanajay Paswan (Gaya), BK Das (Jamui), Rajendra Singh Nawada, Pranav Prakash (Nalanda), Kaushal Rai (Sikkim), J Prabhakar (Chennai Central).
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on