LS polls: Sonia to discuss strategy with party MPs on Monday
New Delhi: Congress president Sonia Gandhi will interact with party MPs on Monday as they are set to face a difficult Lok Sabha election after 10 years in power.
The schedule for Lok Sabha polls is expected to be announced next week. Gandhi, also the chairperson of Congress Parliamentary Party (CPP), will be hosting a dinner for them on that day.
Several Union ministers and party office bearers are expected to attend the meeting. In the just-concluded Winter Session of Parliament, the last of the 15th Lok Sabha, Gandhi could not have an interaction with the party MPs, as there was no valedictory dinner meeting of the Parliamentary Party.
This was apparently because the leadership was immersed in the Telangana issue. Gandhi generally used to invite party MPs for dinner ahead of polls.
Lately, Gandhi stopped interacting with partymen through her column in party mouthpiece `Congress Sandesh`, an initiative taken by her a decade back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men