LS Speaker Meira Kumar calls all-party meet
New Delhi: Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar will meet leaders of all political parties on Wednesday to ensure the ``smooth functioning`` of the House during the Winter Session of Parliament.
Leader of the House Pranab Mukherjee, Leader of Opposition Sushma Swaraj, Samajwadi Party leader Mulayam Singh Yadav, RJD chief Lalu Prasad, Trinamool Congress leader Mamata Banerjee and DMK leader TR Baalu have been invited to the meeting.
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal and his deputy in the ministry, V Narayansamy will also be present during the meeting.
Expressing concern over the frequent stalling of proceedings in the Lok Sabha, Kumar said, those who frequently disturb the House constitute approximately four per cent of the total strength of the House.
"The disruption of the proceedings is in essence tantamount to violation of the rights of 96 per cent of the members, who want the House to function smoothly," she added.
The Winter Session of the Parliament will commence on November 9.
US President Barack Obama is scheduled to address the members in a joint session of both the Houses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city