Lt Gen Chaudhary taked over as DGMO
New Delhi: Veteran infantry officer Lt Gen
Ashok Kumar Chaudhary on Monday took over as Director General
Military Operations (DGMO), succeeding Lt Gen Anand Mohan
Verma who proceeded on his superannuation.
An alumnus of National Defence Academy, Chaudhury was
commissioned into the Mahar Regiment of Indian Army in 1974
and commanded 12 MAHAR and 10 Sector Rashtriya Rifles in Jammu
& Kashmir and 8 Assam Rifles in Manipur, Army officials said
Besides various staff and instructional duties, he has
served as Brigadier General Staff of 16 Corps, Deputy Director
General of Military Operations and Additional Director General
Military Intelligence at Army HQ prior to taking over the
reins of Aul Cantt-based 9 Corps.
He has also been an instructor at the Senior Command Wing
at Army War College, Mhow.
The officer has been awarded Ati Vishist Seva Medal, Sena
Medal, Vishist Seva Medal and the Chief of Army Staff`s
Commendation for gallantry and distinguished service.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price