Lt Gen Chaudhary taked over as DGMO
New Delhi: Veteran infantry officer Lt Gen
Ashok Kumar Chaudhary on Monday took over as Director General
Military Operations (DGMO), succeeding Lt Gen Anand Mohan
Verma who proceeded on his superannuation.
An alumnus of National Defence Academy, Chaudhury was
commissioned into the Mahar Regiment of Indian Army in 1974
and commanded 12 MAHAR and 10 Sector Rashtriya Rifles in Jammu
& Kashmir and 8 Assam Rifles in Manipur, Army officials said
Besides various staff and instructional duties, he has
served as Brigadier General Staff of 16 Corps, Deputy Director
General of Military Operations and Additional Director General
Military Intelligence at Army HQ prior to taking over the
reins of Aul Cantt-based 9 Corps.
He has also been an instructor at the Senior Command Wing
at Army War College, Mhow.
The officer has been awarded Ati Vishist Seva Medal, Sena
Medal, Vishist Seva Medal and the Chief of Army Staff`s
Commendation for gallantry and distinguished service.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!