Lt Gen Chaudhary taked over as DGMO
New Delhi: Veteran infantry officer Lt Gen
Ashok Kumar Chaudhary on Monday took over as Director General
Military Operations (DGMO), succeeding Lt Gen Anand Mohan
Verma who proceeded on his superannuation.
An alumnus of National Defence Academy, Chaudhury was
commissioned into the Mahar Regiment of Indian Army in 1974
and commanded 12 MAHAR and 10 Sector Rashtriya Rifles in Jammu
& Kashmir and 8 Assam Rifles in Manipur, Army officials said
Besides various staff and instructional duties, he has
served as Brigadier General Staff of 16 Corps, Deputy Director
General of Military Operations and Additional Director General
Military Intelligence at Army HQ prior to taking over the
reins of Aul Cantt-based 9 Corps.
He has also been an instructor at the Senior Command Wing
at Army War College, Mhow.
The officer has been awarded Ati Vishist Seva Medal, Sena
Medal, Vishist Seva Medal and the Chief of Army Staff`s
Commendation for gallantry and distinguished service.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested