Lt Gen D S Thakur being elevated as Army`s new Deputy Chief
New Delhi: Lt Gen D S Thakur, a veteran infantry officer and currently holding the charge of Military Intelligence wing, is being elevated as the Army`s new Deputy Chief.
Thakur is the Director General of Military Intelligence (DGMI) and his tenure has been hit by allegations of snooping of key Defence Ministry officials by its personnel.
During his stint as DGMI, the Army has set up a Board of Officers under Lt Gen Vinod Bhatia to look into the closure of the Technical Services Division (TSD) and is expected to file its report in the near future.
Thakur will succeed Lt Gen Ramesh Halgali, who retired on November 30, sources said.
Lt Gen R N Singh, currently tChief of Staff in the Eastern Command, is expected to be appointed as the new DGMI.
The Army has two Deputy Chiefs out of which one looks after procurement and the other the training aspects of the troops along with the information systems in the force.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof