Lt Gen Sachdev takes over as CoS Northern Command
Jammu: Lt Gen Harminderjit Singh Sachdev on Friday took over as Chief of Staff (CoS) of Army`s Northern Command at Udhampur, a defence spokesman said.
Lt Gen Sachdev assumed the charge of CoS Northern Command from Lt Gen BS Pama, who has been moved to Strategic Forces Command Headquarters in New Delhi, in a ceremony at the Dhruva War Memorial, the spokesman said today.
"The General brings with him a vast and varied experience of command and staff having commanded a Rashtriya Rifles Sector in the Valley and an Infantry division in the Central Command," he said.
Lt Gen Sachdev had also been a Brigade Major in a high altitude area, GSO-1 in the vital Perspective Planning Directorate at Army Headquarters, Brigadier General Staff at the Army Training Command and Additional Director General of the Military Operations Directorate at the Army Headquarters.
An alumni of the Military School Ajmer, Lt Gen Sachdev was commissioned in 1976 in the Fourth Battalion, 1st Gorkha Rifles and later commanded 3/1 Grendier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price