Lt Gen Sachdev takes over as CoS Northern Command
Jammu: Lt Gen Harminderjit Singh Sachdev on Friday took over as Chief of Staff (CoS) of Army`s Northern Command at Udhampur, a defence spokesman said.
Lt Gen Sachdev assumed the charge of CoS Northern Command from Lt Gen BS Pama, who has been moved to Strategic Forces Command Headquarters in New Delhi, in a ceremony at the Dhruva War Memorial, the spokesman said today.
"The General brings with him a vast and varied experience of command and staff having commanded a Rashtriya Rifles Sector in the Valley and an Infantry division in the Central Command," he said.
Lt Gen Sachdev had also been a Brigade Major in a high altitude area, GSO-1 in the vital Perspective Planning Directorate at Army Headquarters, Brigadier General Staff at the Army Training Command and Additional Director General of the Military Operations Directorate at the Army Headquarters.
An alumni of the Military School Ajmer, Lt Gen Sachdev was commissioned in 1976 in the Fourth Battalion, 1st Gorkha Rifles and later commanded 3/1 Grendier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!