Lt Gen Sachdev takes over as CoS Northern Command
Jammu: Lt Gen Harminderjit Singh Sachdev on Friday took over as Chief of Staff (CoS) of Army`s Northern Command at Udhampur, a defence spokesman said.
Lt Gen Sachdev assumed the charge of CoS Northern Command from Lt Gen BS Pama, who has been moved to Strategic Forces Command Headquarters in New Delhi, in a ceremony at the Dhruva War Memorial, the spokesman said today.
"The General brings with him a vast and varied experience of command and staff having commanded a Rashtriya Rifles Sector in the Valley and an Infantry division in the Central Command," he said.
Lt Gen Sachdev had also been a Brigade Major in a high altitude area, GSO-1 in the vital Perspective Planning Directorate at Army Headquarters, Brigadier General Staff at the Army Training Command and Additional Director General of the Military Operations Directorate at the Army Headquarters.
An alumni of the Military School Ajmer, Lt Gen Sachdev was commissioned in 1976 in the Fourth Battalion, 1st Gorkha Rifles and later commanded 3/1 Grendier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY