Lt General to be court martialled in `Ration scam`
New Delhi: Indicted in the `Ration scam`,
a retired Lieutenant General will face a court martial
starting Friday this week for his alleged role in
irregularities in procuring meat and dry rations for troops in
Siachen and other high altitude areas.
Lt Gen S K Sahni, a former Director General of the
Army Supply Corps (ASC), is the highest-ranking officer in the
defence services till now to face a court martial for his
alleged involvement in a corruption case.
He was attached to the Jalandhar-based 11 Corps for
the Summary of Evidence (SoE), which was completed on July 10
and after it recommended to continue disciplinary action
against him, orders for his General Court Martial (GCM) were
issued by the authorities concerned, Army sources said.
A Court of Inquiry constituted in 2005 had recommended
disciplinary action against him in the case. Sahni retired
from the Army a year after the inquiry was instituted against
The officer was also charged for procuring poor
quality pulses for troops posted under the Northern Command in
Jammu and Kashmir.
In February this year, Army had recommended
disciplinary action against two Lt Gens including former
Military Secretary Avadesh Prakash and former 33 Corps
Commander P K Rath after they were indicted by a probe for
their roles in the Sukna land scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"