LTC scam: CBI approaches Rajya Sabha secretariat for papers
New Delhi: CBI on Monday approached the Rajya Sabha secretariat seeking documents related to fake travel bills allegedly submitted by a JD(U) MP against whom a case has been registered for making such claims.
CBI sources said a team has again gone to the secretariat to collect these documents.
The agency has registered its first FIR in the Leave Travel Concession (LTC) scam against JD(U) Rajya Sabha MP Anil Kumar Sahani for allegedly siphoning off around Rs 9.5 lakh by presenting fake air tickets and boarding passes.
Besides Sahani, Air India customer Service agent Rubaina Akhtar and Lajpat Nagar-based travel operator Air Cruise Travels Private Ltd have also been named in the FIR in the scam in which LTC claims were forged for travel on state-run Air India.
In his defence, Sahani had refuted the allegation claiming that it was he who had complained to the authorities about 20 fake tickets being submitted in his name.
He has alleged that it was his personal assistant who had submitted these tickets for claims but no money was ever transferred to his account.
The MP has claimed that he had brought this matter to the notice of concerned authorities and even submitted that complaint letter to CBI when it searched his premises here.
The tour operator and Air India did not offer any comments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- When Muslim dies they give 20 lakhs, but Hindu doesn't even get 20,000: Sakshi Maharaj