LTC scam: CBI approaches Rajya Sabha secretariat for papers
New Delhi: CBI on Monday approached the Rajya Sabha secretariat seeking documents related to fake travel bills allegedly submitted by a JD(U) MP against whom a case has been registered for making such claims.
CBI sources said a team has again gone to the secretariat to collect these documents.
The agency has registered its first FIR in the Leave Travel Concession (LTC) scam against JD(U) Rajya Sabha MP Anil Kumar Sahani for allegedly siphoning off around Rs 9.5 lakh by presenting fake air tickets and boarding passes.
Besides Sahani, Air India customer Service agent Rubaina Akhtar and Lajpat Nagar-based travel operator Air Cruise Travels Private Ltd have also been named in the FIR in the scam in which LTC claims were forged for travel on state-run Air India.
In his defence, Sahani had refuted the allegation claiming that it was he who had complained to the authorities about 20 fake tickets being submitted in his name.
He has alleged that it was his personal assistant who had submitted these tickets for claims but no money was ever transferred to his account.
The MP has claimed that he had brought this matter to the notice of concerned authorities and even submitted that complaint letter to CBI when it searched his premises here.
The tour operator and Air India did not offer any comments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre