Lucknow-New Delhi double-decker train soon
Lucknow: A double-decker train will ply between the state capital and New Delhi from September this year after trial runs are held in August, an official said Friday.
The railways safety commissioner has given his green signal for the running of the train. The Research Design and Standards Organization (RDSO) has also already given a safety and speed certificate for the train, an official said.
The train is parked at the Gomtinagar railway station in the city. Permission is being sought from the Northern Railways (NR) to hold trial runs as an important Alamnagar section the Delhi-Lucknow section falls under NR.
Once the permission is granted, railways are keen to complete the trial runs by August-end and begin routine running from September.
"We have got the necessary clearances from the railway safety commissioner and now we are trying to expedite the NR route which is the main segment. We hope to run the train from September," Divisional Railway manager Anoop Kumar said.
Officials said RDSO officials are ready for the trials.
The double-decker train is most likely to leave Lucknow at 5 a.m. from Lucknow and reach in New Delhi at 2 p.m., an official told IANS.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley