Madani duo denies reports of truce
New Delhi: Efforts to broker peace between
Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind`s warring factions of Arshad Madani and
Mahmood Madani have suffered a setback, with both leaders
dismissing media reports in this regard.
Speculations were rife that the Arshad Madani camp is
weighing its options for calling a truce with Mahmood Madani
faction, ahead of a crucial meeting of `Majlis-e-Shura`
(governing council) to be held on February 23 to seal "fate"
of Maulana Ghulam Mohammad Vastanvi, Vice-Chancellor of Darul
It was reported in some sections of the media that
Pakistan`s Jamiat-ul-Islam chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman tried
to broker peace between the Madani duo over a luncheon meeting
"You see all these are `baseless` rumours. I do not
understand why such kind of a false propaganda is being
propagated. I was in Deoband when the `so called` meeting took
place on Tuesday," Arshad Madani told PTI in Delhi.
Arshad Madani, a prominent Jamiat leader, however, did
not dismiss altogether the "prospects" of joining hands with
Mahmood Madani in future.
"If East and West Germany can unite then why not us?
However, as of now I do not see any prospects of coming
together. I do not deny the possibilities either," he said.
Meanwhile, Mahmood Madani too denied reports of attending
any meeting with Maulana Fazlur Rehman on the issue.
"There is no truth in the media reports. Though no
efforts were made in this regard, hopes for the same will
always be there," Mahmood Madani said.
An official with Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind said that
efforts had also been made in the past to bring the Madanis on
the same plank.
There is no truth in the reports that Arshad and Mahmood
Madani are coming together, at least not for now, the official
The Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind, formally launched in 1919, has
been a divided house since 2008 over the battle of supremacy
between Arshad and Mahmood Madani.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside