Madani duo denies reports of truce
New Delhi: Efforts to broker peace between
Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind`s warring factions of Arshad Madani and
Mahmood Madani have suffered a setback, with both leaders
dismissing media reports in this regard.
Speculations were rife that the Arshad Madani camp is
weighing its options for calling a truce with Mahmood Madani
faction, ahead of a crucial meeting of `Majlis-e-Shura`
(governing council) to be held on February 23 to seal "fate"
of Maulana Ghulam Mohammad Vastanvi, Vice-Chancellor of Darul
It was reported in some sections of the media that
Pakistan`s Jamiat-ul-Islam chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman tried
to broker peace between the Madani duo over a luncheon meeting
"You see all these are `baseless` rumours. I do not
understand why such kind of a false propaganda is being
propagated. I was in Deoband when the `so called` meeting took
place on Tuesday," Arshad Madani told PTI in Delhi.
Arshad Madani, a prominent Jamiat leader, however, did
not dismiss altogether the "prospects" of joining hands with
Mahmood Madani in future.
"If East and West Germany can unite then why not us?
However, as of now I do not see any prospects of coming
together. I do not deny the possibilities either," he said.
Meanwhile, Mahmood Madani too denied reports of attending
any meeting with Maulana Fazlur Rehman on the issue.
"There is no truth in the media reports. Though no
efforts were made in this regard, hopes for the same will
always be there," Mahmood Madani said.
An official with Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind said that
efforts had also been made in the past to bring the Madanis on
the same plank.
There is no truth in the reports that Arshad and Mahmood
Madani are coming together, at least not for now, the official
The Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind, formally launched in 1919, has
been a divided house since 2008 over the battle of supremacy
between Arshad and Mahmood Madani.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise