Madani permitted to attend daughter`s marriage under security
Bangalore: Kerala-based People`s Democratic Party leader and the 2008 Bangalore serial blast accused Abdul Nasser Madani was on Thursday granted permission by the trial court in the central prison here to attend his daughter`s marriage and also visit his ailing father under police security.
Pronouncing its orders on an application by Madani seeking temporary bail from March 8 to 12 to attend his daughter`s marriage in Kollam on March 10 and to visit his sick father in the same city, the court granted him permission to do so under full police security.
On February 21, Madani returned to the central prison here after undergoing treatment at a wellness centre for more than six weeks.
Madani was admitted to the centre on January 7 on the directions of the High Court for treatment of his multiple ailments.
He has been lodged in jail since his arrest in August 2010 for his alleged role in the blasts conspiracy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar