Madani permitted to attend daughter`s marriage under security
Bangalore: Kerala-based People`s Democratic Party leader and the 2008 Bangalore serial blast accused Abdul Nasser Madani was on Thursday granted permission by the trial court in the central prison here to attend his daughter`s marriage and also visit his ailing father under police security.
Pronouncing its orders on an application by Madani seeking temporary bail from March 8 to 12 to attend his daughter`s marriage in Kollam on March 10 and to visit his sick father in the same city, the court granted him permission to do so under full police security.
On February 21, Madani returned to the central prison here after undergoing treatment at a wellness centre for more than six weeks.
Madani was admitted to the centre on January 7 on the directions of the High Court for treatment of his multiple ailments.
He has been lodged in jail since his arrest in August 2010 for his alleged role in the blasts conspiracy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?