Madani permitted to attend daughter`s marriage under security
Bangalore: Kerala-based People`s Democratic Party leader and the 2008 Bangalore serial blast accused Abdul Nasser Madani was on Thursday granted permission by the trial court in the central prison here to attend his daughter`s marriage and also visit his ailing father under police security.
Pronouncing its orders on an application by Madani seeking temporary bail from March 8 to 12 to attend his daughter`s marriage in Kollam on March 10 and to visit his sick father in the same city, the court granted him permission to do so under full police security.
On February 21, Madani returned to the central prison here after undergoing treatment at a wellness centre for more than six weeks.
Madani was admitted to the centre on January 7 on the directions of the High Court for treatment of his multiple ailments.
He has been lodged in jail since his arrest in August 2010 for his alleged role in the blasts conspiracy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi