Madani permitted to attend daughter`s marriage under security
Bangalore: Kerala-based People`s Democratic Party leader and the 2008 Bangalore serial blast accused Abdul Nasser Madani was on Thursday granted permission by the trial court in the central prison here to attend his daughter`s marriage and also visit his ailing father under police security.
Pronouncing its orders on an application by Madani seeking temporary bail from March 8 to 12 to attend his daughter`s marriage in Kollam on March 10 and to visit his sick father in the same city, the court granted him permission to do so under full police security.
On February 21, Madani returned to the central prison here after undergoing treatment at a wellness centre for more than six weeks.
Madani was admitted to the centre on January 7 on the directions of the High Court for treatment of his multiple ailments.
He has been lodged in jail since his arrest in August 2010 for his alleged role in the blasts conspiracy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand