‘Made by Ramdev’ food samples fail test
Dehradun/Haridwar: In what could spell trouble for Baba Ramdev, many food products sold by his trust have failed in tests conducted by the Uttarakhand food department.
Sources in the department told Zee News that samples of salt, spices, jam and mustard oil that were collected from Ramdev’s Divya Yog ashram in Haridwar were found to be of substandard quality. Also, some of the products were found to have been manufactured elsewhere but were being marketed under the ashram’s brand.
The food department had collected the samples by conducting surprise raids at Ramdev’s ashram on August 16. The raids were criticised by Ramdev who alleged the action was taken at the behest of the Centre.
"This is war between the elite class and common people. We are common people and our war has just begun. These raids are being done at the behest of the Centre", Ramdev said.
"Have they (the government) ever dared to carry out raids on foreign companies? But they have chosen to target me. You can collect samples even truck loads", Ramdev told reporters here.
As per the sources, Ramdev’s trust would be booked under relevant sections of the law and can be fined Rs 10-15 lakhs.
However, post the disclosure in the media, officials of the food department have gone mum and are neither confirming nor denying the report.
Meanwhile, Divya Yog Trust has also declined to respond to the report and has said that it will respond once it gets the report.
Baba Ramdev`s Patanjali Ayurveda, which till March this year was marketing its line of over 800 products only through its own exclusive chain, is now competing directly with FMCG majors in the open market.
The trust has appointed 20,000 distributors to aggressively enter the market with ‘Swadeshi Stores`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door