Madhavan Nair has misled nation: Narayanasamy
Puducherry: Minister of State in the PMO V
Narayanasamy on Sunday accused former ISRO chairman G Madhavan
Nair of misleading the nation by saying he was not given a
chance to explain his case before the high level panel which
indicted him and three other space scientists in the
"The Committee`s report clearly stated there was a
personal hearing for Madhavan Nair. The principles of natural
justice have been followed in his case. Nair has misled the
nation by saying he was not given an opportunity to be heard,"
he told reporters here.
He pointed out that the committee, constituted by the
Prime Minister under former Chief Vigilance Commissioner
Pratyush Sinha to fix responsibility on officers who had
signed the deal, had sent questionnaires to eight scientists
about the deal, all of whom had given replies.
Following this, Nair had also met the head of the
committee, and there was a personal hearing. The committee
recommended that four scientists, including Nair should not be
given any government assignment, he said.
Narayanasamy said he did not want to comment further.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- India’s bid for NSG membership blocked as member countries fail to arrive at a consensus
- 'Raped woman' remark: Finally, Salman Khan speaks to media - Here's what he said
- 'Unguided missile Subramanian Swamy has backfired at BJP'
- Applications of Pak, India for NSG membership cannot be considered in isolation: Pakistan Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- US election is about more than beating Donald Trump: Senator Bernie Sanders