Madhubani painting artist Mahasundari Devi dead
Madhubani: Reputed Madhubani painting artist Mahasundari Devi (82) died in a private hospital on Thursday, her family sources said.
She is survived by three sons and two daughters, the sources said.
Devi was awarded the Padmashri in 2011 for her contribution.
Expressing his deep sorrow at her death, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said in a condolence message that Mahasundari Devi`s death has left a deep void in the world of arts, particularly Madhubani paintings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy?
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy? - Part II
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- 'Munich gunman planned shooting for a year, chose victims randomly'
- Unlikely sporting star Chris Froome wins third Tour de France, seals place amongst greats
- One dead, two injured in Germany machete attack: Police
- Shoulder injury forces Serena Williams out of Montreal
- England vs Pakistan, 2nd Test: Hosts lead by 489 at 3rd day close