Madhubani painting artist Mahasundari Devi dead
Madhubani: Reputed Madhubani painting artist Mahasundari Devi (82) died in a private hospital on Thursday, her family sources said.
She is survived by three sons and two daughters, the sources said.
Devi was awarded the Padmashri in 2011 for her contribution.
Expressing his deep sorrow at her death, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said in a condolence message that Mahasundari Devi`s death has left a deep void in the world of arts, particularly Madhubani paintings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!