Madhya Pradesh most unsafe for minors: NCRB report
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh tops the list of
states in the country when it comes to exploitation of minors,
particularly girls, an NCRB report said.
According to the annual report of the National Crime
Records Bureau (NCRB) for 2009-10, a total of 4,646 cases of
criminal nature against children were reported in the state.
The maximum number of 337 cases were reported from
Indore, dubbed as the financial capital of Madhya Pradesh,
followed by 257 and 127 cases respectively from Jabalpur and
According to the report, 1,071 minor girls were raped
in Madhya Pradesh, which is 20 per cent of the total of such
incidents that took place in the country in 2009-10.
After Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Maharashtra
come second and third respectively, with 625 and 612 cases
reported as far as the number of rapes of minor girls is
Bhopal, with 77 cases, is at the third position after
Delhi (258) and Mumbai (85) in the incidents of rapes of minor
Similarly, 115 children were killed in Madhya Pradesh,
363 in Uttar Pradesh, 181 in Maharashtra and 126 in Bihar.
Bhopal is at the sixth position with seven murders of
children while Delhi at the first with 65 murders and Mumbai
third with 16 murders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters