Madhya Pradesh most unsafe for minors: NCRB report
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh tops the list of
states in the country when it comes to exploitation of minors,
particularly girls, an NCRB report said.
According to the annual report of the National Crime
Records Bureau (NCRB) for 2009-10, a total of 4,646 cases of
criminal nature against children were reported in the state.
The maximum number of 337 cases were reported from
Indore, dubbed as the financial capital of Madhya Pradesh,
followed by 257 and 127 cases respectively from Jabalpur and
According to the report, 1,071 minor girls were raped
in Madhya Pradesh, which is 20 per cent of the total of such
incidents that took place in the country in 2009-10.
After Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Maharashtra
come second and third respectively, with 625 and 612 cases
reported as far as the number of rapes of minor girls is
Bhopal, with 77 cases, is at the third position after
Delhi (258) and Mumbai (85) in the incidents of rapes of minor
Similarly, 115 children were killed in Madhya Pradesh,
363 in Uttar Pradesh, 181 in Maharashtra and 126 in Bihar.
Bhopal is at the sixth position with seven murders of
children while Delhi at the first with 65 murders and Mumbai
third with 16 murders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL