Madhya Pradesh polls: Sachin Tendulkar to campaign for Congress?
Zee Media Bureau
Bhopal: Is Sachin Tendulkar planning to join politics post retirement from international cricket? The question still has no answer, but the Batting Maestro has decided to take the political plunge, albiet as an outsider.
Reports on Saturday suggested that Tendulkar, who was nominated as a Rajya Sabha member by the ruling UPA government last year, has agreed to campaign for the Congress party in poll-bound Madhya Pradesh.
The dates of the campaigning are yet to be finalised. However, reports suggest that the God of Cricket would attend nine poll meetings.
Meanwhile, state Congress leader Pramod Gugalia said that AICC will confirm whether Sachin would be Congress’ star campaigner or not.
Earlier, Union Minister and Congress leader Jyotiraditya Scindia had said that he would request Sachin to campaign for the Congress party in the state.
It seems the Congress party wants to cash in on Sachin’s popularity among the youth. Notably, more than one crore youth are eligible to vote in the state Assembly polls.
Sachin, along with film actor Rekha and industrialist Anu Aga, was nominated as members of the Rajya Sabha last year.
Sachin will retire from International cricket after his 200th Test match in Mumbai scheduled next month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley