Magic of Arvind Kejriwal over: Uma Bharti
Kanpur: AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal may have declared that their goal was now the Parliament, but the party does not pose a big challenge for BJP and its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, the saffron outfit`s leader Uma Bharti said on Saturday.
"The magic of Kejriwal is over, the people of the country now know the truth about him.
"AAP will not be able to impact BJP or Modi`s fortunes in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections," Bharti told reporters here.
Kejriwal`s move to resign from the post of Delhi Chief Minister was an unexpected one, Bharti, meanwhile, said in reaction to the AAP leader`s decision to step down from power yesterday after his pet anti-corruption Jan Lokpal Bill was blocked by BJP and Congress in Delhi Assembly.
As to the emergence of a likely Third Front coalition, Bharti said that no such configuration would be able to affect BJP`s prospects in the general elections which are to be held later this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Philippines' President-elect to bring back death penalty
- Did Sofia Hayat actually say, "I know I gave birth to Shiva"?
- PM Modi reacts to his Pakistan visit, says 'now I do not have to explain India's fight against terrorism to the world'
- LeEco Le 2, Le Max2 flash sale on June 28; receives record 5.25 lakh registrations
- Naxalism will be rooted out soon: Rajnath Singh