Maha ATS alerts UP over arrest of two LeT operatives
Lucknow: After the arrest of two Lashkar
operatives in Mumbai last week, the Maharashtra ATS have
alerted their counterparts in Uttar Pradesh as the duo had
visited some vital places in the state.
Mirza Himayat Baig (29), who allegedly heads LeT`s
operations in Maharashtra, and his aide Shaikh Lalbaba Mohammed
Hussain alias Bilal (27) were arrested by Maharashtra ATS on
September 7 from Pune and Nashik respectively, for their
involvement in Bangalore and German Bakery blasts.
Both the LeT operatives did reece of vital places in
Ghaziabad and Gautam Buddha Nagar (Noida), where a number of
delegates and players will stay during the CWG.
A senior officer of state ATS has been sent to
Maharashtra to quiz both the LeT men, who officials suspect
had plans to create problems during the CWG.
When asked about any such alert, IG Law and Order AP
Maheshwari "neither confirmed nor denied".
"The matter pertains to security and there was nothing
to share with the media at this point of time," Maheshwari
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video