Maha ATS alerts UP over arrest of two LeT operatives
Lucknow: After the arrest of two Lashkar
operatives in Mumbai last week, the Maharashtra ATS have
alerted their counterparts in Uttar Pradesh as the duo had
visited some vital places in the state.
Mirza Himayat Baig (29), who allegedly heads LeT`s
operations in Maharashtra, and his aide Shaikh Lalbaba Mohammed
Hussain alias Bilal (27) were arrested by Maharashtra ATS on
September 7 from Pune and Nashik respectively, for their
involvement in Bangalore and German Bakery blasts.
Both the LeT operatives did reece of vital places in
Ghaziabad and Gautam Buddha Nagar (Noida), where a number of
delegates and players will stay during the CWG.
A senior officer of state ATS has been sent to
Maharashtra to quiz both the LeT men, who officials suspect
had plans to create problems during the CWG.
When asked about any such alert, IG Law and Order AP
Maheshwari "neither confirmed nor denied".
"The matter pertains to security and there was nothing
to share with the media at this point of time," Maheshwari
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?