Maha ATS alerts UP over arrest of two LeT operatives
Lucknow: After the arrest of two Lashkar
operatives in Mumbai last week, the Maharashtra ATS have
alerted their counterparts in Uttar Pradesh as the duo had
visited some vital places in the state.
Mirza Himayat Baig (29), who allegedly heads LeT`s
operations in Maharashtra, and his aide Shaikh Lalbaba Mohammed
Hussain alias Bilal (27) were arrested by Maharashtra ATS on
September 7 from Pune and Nashik respectively, for their
involvement in Bangalore and German Bakery blasts.
Both the LeT operatives did reece of vital places in
Ghaziabad and Gautam Buddha Nagar (Noida), where a number of
delegates and players will stay during the CWG.
A senior officer of state ATS has been sent to
Maharashtra to quiz both the LeT men, who officials suspect
had plans to create problems during the CWG.
When asked about any such alert, IG Law and Order AP
Maheshwari "neither confirmed nor denied".
"The matter pertains to security and there was nothing
to share with the media at this point of time," Maheshwari
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'