Maha ATS alerts UP over arrest of two LeT operatives
Lucknow: After the arrest of two Lashkar
operatives in Mumbai last week, the Maharashtra ATS have
alerted their counterparts in Uttar Pradesh as the duo had
visited some vital places in the state.
Mirza Himayat Baig (29), who allegedly heads LeT`s
operations in Maharashtra, and his aide Shaikh Lalbaba Mohammed
Hussain alias Bilal (27) were arrested by Maharashtra ATS on
September 7 from Pune and Nashik respectively, for their
involvement in Bangalore and German Bakery blasts.
Both the LeT operatives did reece of vital places in
Ghaziabad and Gautam Buddha Nagar (Noida), where a number of
delegates and players will stay during the CWG.
A senior officer of state ATS has been sent to
Maharashtra to quiz both the LeT men, who officials suspect
had plans to create problems during the CWG.
When asked about any such alert, IG Law and Order AP
Maheshwari "neither confirmed nor denied".
"The matter pertains to security and there was nothing
to share with the media at this point of time," Maheshwari
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days