Maha ATS alerts UP over arrest of two LeT operatives
Lucknow: After the arrest of two Lashkar
operatives in Mumbai last week, the Maharashtra ATS have
alerted their counterparts in Uttar Pradesh as the duo had
visited some vital places in the state.
Mirza Himayat Baig (29), who allegedly heads LeT`s
operations in Maharashtra, and his aide Shaikh Lalbaba Mohammed
Hussain alias Bilal (27) were arrested by Maharashtra ATS on
September 7 from Pune and Nashik respectively, for their
involvement in Bangalore and German Bakery blasts.
Both the LeT operatives did reece of vital places in
Ghaziabad and Gautam Buddha Nagar (Noida), where a number of
delegates and players will stay during the CWG.
A senior officer of state ATS has been sent to
Maharashtra to quiz both the LeT men, who officials suspect
had plans to create problems during the CWG.
When asked about any such alert, IG Law and Order AP
Maheshwari "neither confirmed nor denied".
"The matter pertains to security and there was nothing
to share with the media at this point of time," Maheshwari
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores