Maha govt seeks resignation of `Adarsh` babus
Mumbai: The Maharashtra Government has sought resignations of Information Commissioner Ramanand Tiwari and state human rights commission member Subhash Lala for their alleged involvement in the Adarsh Housing scam.
"The government has asked the two bureaucrats to put in their papers," Chief Secretary J P Dange told reporters at Mantralaya here.
Tiwari was Urban Development secretary when the Adarsh file was being processed, while Lala was secretary to the chief minister.
Relatives of both the bureaucrats have flats in the housing society.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof