Maha issues Ordinance to enhance jail term for terrorists
Nagpur: The State Government has
promulgated an Ordinance to enhance the prison term of
terrorists, Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil said on Tuesday.
The State Government has proposed 20, 40 and 60 years
of jail-term for terrorists involved in terror activities and
since it is an administrative requirement, the government has
come out with an Ordinance, Patil told reporters here.
In an informal chat, he said the Ordinance was issued
yesterday. The maximum imprisonment is 14 years in any kind of
crime and the accused person comes out of jail after availing
the benefits due to good conduct and parole.
Technically speaking, the convict is out after serving
prison for 11-12 years. The State government was of the
opinion that these terrorists should not be let free or
released early after committing crime against state.
In most foreign countries the jail term is somewhat
upto 200 years and no one lives that age but sentence is to
ensure the convict is never released till his death, Patil
On Minister of State Ramesh Bagwe`s remarks that his
security was down-graded since he belonged to backward
community, Patil said he would certainly look into the
grievances and what prompted him to say so.
Patil said there was real problem of VVIPs in Pune
since most of the VVIPs from Ahmednagar to Kolhapur to Solapur
passe via Pune and sometimes there is a crunch of police
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!