Maha issues Ordinance to enhance jail term for terrorists
Nagpur: The State Government has
promulgated an Ordinance to enhance the prison term of
terrorists, Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil said on Tuesday.
The State Government has proposed 20, 40 and 60 years
of jail-term for terrorists involved in terror activities and
since it is an administrative requirement, the government has
come out with an Ordinance, Patil told reporters here.
In an informal chat, he said the Ordinance was issued
yesterday. The maximum imprisonment is 14 years in any kind of
crime and the accused person comes out of jail after availing
the benefits due to good conduct and parole.
Technically speaking, the convict is out after serving
prison for 11-12 years. The State government was of the
opinion that these terrorists should not be let free or
released early after committing crime against state.
In most foreign countries the jail term is somewhat
upto 200 years and no one lives that age but sentence is to
ensure the convict is never released till his death, Patil
On Minister of State Ramesh Bagwe`s remarks that his
security was down-graded since he belonged to backward
community, Patil said he would certainly look into the
grievances and what prompted him to say so.
Patil said there was real problem of VVIPs in Pune
since most of the VVIPs from Ahmednagar to Kolhapur to Solapur
passe via Pune and sometimes there is a crunch of police
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe