Maha issues Ordinance to enhance jail term for terrorists
Nagpur: The State Government has
promulgated an Ordinance to enhance the prison term of
terrorists, Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil said on Tuesday.
The State Government has proposed 20, 40 and 60 years
of jail-term for terrorists involved in terror activities and
since it is an administrative requirement, the government has
come out with an Ordinance, Patil told reporters here.
In an informal chat, he said the Ordinance was issued
yesterday. The maximum imprisonment is 14 years in any kind of
crime and the accused person comes out of jail after availing
the benefits due to good conduct and parole.
Technically speaking, the convict is out after serving
prison for 11-12 years. The State government was of the
opinion that these terrorists should not be let free or
released early after committing crime against state.
In most foreign countries the jail term is somewhat
upto 200 years and no one lives that age but sentence is to
ensure the convict is never released till his death, Patil
On Minister of State Ramesh Bagwe`s remarks that his
security was down-graded since he belonged to backward
community, Patil said he would certainly look into the
grievances and what prompted him to say so.
Patil said there was real problem of VVIPs in Pune
since most of the VVIPs from Ahmednagar to Kolhapur to Solapur
passe via Pune and sometimes there is a crunch of police
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- WATCH: 4 wickets in 6 balls - When Ajit Agarkar bowled devastating last over against Australia
- Watch: Special 'Justice League' Comic-Con 2016 footage will give you goosebumps!
- Air India to get 6 more Boeing Dreamliners by next year
- AAP has very close links with radicals: Sukhbir Singh Badal
- AAP has very close links with radicals, alleges Sukhbir Singh Badal