Maha issues Ordinance to enhance jail term for terrorists
Nagpur: The State Government has
promulgated an Ordinance to enhance the prison term of
terrorists, Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil said on Tuesday.
The State Government has proposed 20, 40 and 60 years
of jail-term for terrorists involved in terror activities and
since it is an administrative requirement, the government has
come out with an Ordinance, Patil told reporters here.
In an informal chat, he said the Ordinance was issued
yesterday. The maximum imprisonment is 14 years in any kind of
crime and the accused person comes out of jail after availing
the benefits due to good conduct and parole.
Technically speaking, the convict is out after serving
prison for 11-12 years. The State government was of the
opinion that these terrorists should not be let free or
released early after committing crime against state.
In most foreign countries the jail term is somewhat
upto 200 years and no one lives that age but sentence is to
ensure the convict is never released till his death, Patil
On Minister of State Ramesh Bagwe`s remarks that his
security was down-graded since he belonged to backward
community, Patil said he would certainly look into the
grievances and what prompted him to say so.
Patil said there was real problem of VVIPs in Pune
since most of the VVIPs from Ahmednagar to Kolhapur to Solapur
passe via Pune and sometimes there is a crunch of police
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt