Maha Kumbh: Union of sadhus with unique names, feats
Haridwar: From `khada baba` to `pilot baba`
and even `haath khada baba`, the Maha Kumbh is a religious
event that brings together a plethora of ash smeared sadhus
known for their unique names and extraordinary feats.
One of the most unusual sadhu`s at the `Juna akhara` is
one with his right hand held straight up even as he throws
logs of wood into the fire using his left hand.
Called `haath khada baba` (sadhu with his hands
raised), the mendicant`s nails have become long and
inter-wined as he has been in this pose for 27 years now.
"This is his tapasya (meditation). He has not kept his
hand down for the last 27 years," `Amaranth baba`, who sits
next to him, said.
There is also the `khada baba`, who people say, has not
sat for the last 30 years.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Cute, adorable Royal baby Princess Charlotte at six months: Clicked by Mom Kate - See pic