Maha Kumbh: Union of sadhus with unique names, feats
Haridwar: From `khada baba` to `pilot baba`
and even `haath khada baba`, the Maha Kumbh is a religious
event that brings together a plethora of ash smeared sadhus
known for their unique names and extraordinary feats.
One of the most unusual sadhu`s at the `Juna akhara` is
one with his right hand held straight up even as he throws
logs of wood into the fire using his left hand.
Called `haath khada baba` (sadhu with his hands
raised), the mendicant`s nails have become long and
inter-wined as he has been in this pose for 27 years now.
"This is his tapasya (meditation). He has not kept his
hand down for the last 27 years," `Amaranth baba`, who sits
next to him, said.
There is also the `khada baba`, who people say, has not
sat for the last 30 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea