Maha Kumbh: Union of sadhus with unique names, feats
Haridwar: From `khada baba` to `pilot baba`
and even `haath khada baba`, the Maha Kumbh is a religious
event that brings together a plethora of ash smeared sadhus
known for their unique names and extraordinary feats.
One of the most unusual sadhu`s at the `Juna akhara` is
one with his right hand held straight up even as he throws
logs of wood into the fire using his left hand.
Called `haath khada baba` (sadhu with his hands
raised), the mendicant`s nails have become long and
inter-wined as he has been in this pose for 27 years now.
"This is his tapasya (meditation). He has not kept his
hand down for the last 27 years," `Amaranth baba`, who sits
next to him, said.
There is also the `khada baba`, who people say, has not
sat for the last 30 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list