Maharashtra cabinet expanded, Rane included
Mumbai: The Maharashtra cabinet was expanded here Friday with 29 more faces being sworn in to the two-tier council of ministers, including Congress party strongmen Narayan Rane and Patangrao Kadam.
Governor K Sankaranarayanan administered the oath of office to the new ministers, including 19 from the Congress and 10 from the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP).
This is the second round of swearing-in after Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan and Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar were took oath a week ago. Along with them, nine other NCP ministers, including heavyweights like Chhagan Bhujbal and RR Patil were sworn-in.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!