Maharashtra CM greets people, promises more facilities via e-governance
Mumbai: Extending greetings to the people of
Maharashtra on the occasion of state`s 51st anniversary, Chief
Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Sunday promised to provide more
facilities through e-governance.
"The government has decided to provide more facilities to
the people through e-governance. We would make available all
the decisions, information, rules and regulations on the
website through the e-governance initiative," Chavan said.
The Chief Minister paid homage to the martyrs of
Samyukta Maharashtra movement at Hutatma Chowk memorial in
south Mumbai on this occasion.
Stressing the government`s efforts to give a reasonable
price for the farm produce, Chavan said the priority would be
to provide low-interest loans to farmers, improve irrigation,
make available fertilisers and inventing new crop patterns.
Also, efforts would be made to industrialise the state
further, in order to decrease the dependence on agriculture,
Chavan also said that recent passage of the bill
providing 50 per cent reservation to women in local government
bodies would have a long-term social impact.
Saying that providing affordable housing in Mumbai, where
60 per cent of people live in slums, was on government`s
agenda, he said rehabilitation process would be made more
The Chief Minister appreciated the impact of Right to
Information Act, 2005, in the state, and expressed hope that
transparency would curb corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes