Maharashtra CM right not to share stage at public function with PM Modi: Tewari
New Delhi: Congress leader Manish Tewari on Thursday justified Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan`s decision not to share the stage at public functions with Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
He said it was necessary for the future as a logical step by any self-respecting person in order to prevent any political mud-slinging in a public function.
"The unfortunate occurrences which have taken place, where responsible public functionaries have been booed or ridiculed almost in a systematic manner, then obviously any self-respecting person would not then like to share the dias and allow people or a political party in an orchestrated manner to use that platform in order to score political brownie points," Tewari told ANI.
Taking a leaf out of his Haryana counterpart Bhupinder Singh Hooda`s predicament at a recent event in Kaithal, Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan has reportedly refused to share stage with the Prime Minsiter.
Chavan`s decision comes after he faced humiliating experiences of being booed during two functions on August 16 - in Raigad and Solapur in Prime Minister Modi`s presence.
Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda, too, had been heckled at a function where he was sharing stage with the Prime Minister. He thereafter decided that he would not share the dais with Prime Minister Modi in any future public functions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant