Maharashtra: Cong-NCP ministry 23:20 formula to stay
Mumbai: Against the backdrop of Deputy
Chief Minister Ajit Pawar`s demand for additional portfolio
for NCP in the Maharashtra ministry, top leaders of Congress
and its ally met Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar at
his residence in South Mumbai Wednesday.
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, State Congress chief
Manikrao Thakre, Mumbai unit president Kripashankar Singh met
Pawar along with Ajit Pawar, State NCP chief Madhukar Pichad.
Civil Aviation Minister Praful Patel was also present.
Speaking to reporters after the meeting, Patel said
the swearing-in of ministers would take place tommorrow.
Indicating that the old formula of 23:20 would stay,
Patel said in the last one year, Congress and NCP had run the
government without any hiccups.
"The change in government at this juncture had taken
place in certain circumstances and hence there is no need for
any other change," he added.
Patel said there were no differences between the two
coalition partners over government formation.
Last week, nine NCP ministers along with Prithviraj
Chavan and Ajit Pawar had taken oath of office and secrecy
after Ashok Chavan was asked to step down from Chief
Ministership over his alleged involvement in the Adarsh
Yesterday, Ajit Pawar demanded that his party have 21
ministers intead of 20. "Last year, our demand was not met and
we backed out to ensure smooth government formation. But, this
time we will persist with the demand," he had said.
However, Congress had ruled out any change in the
formula for ministerial allocation. The strength of the
Maharashtra cabinet is 43.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day