Maharashtra has provided pragmatic leadership: Governor
Mumbai: Maharashtra, which is celebrating 50
years of its formation today, has provided pragmatic
leadership in diverse areas including national polity,
industry and trade, Governor K Sankaranarayanan said here.
"Maharashtra has provided pragmatic leadership in diverse
areas including national polity, industry, trade, literature,
music, fine arts, entertainment, science and technology," the
Governor said today at a ceremonial parade, organised at
Shivaji Park, to mark the state`s golden jubilee.
"Completion of 50 years of the formation of the state is
a watershed in the history of Samyukta Maharashtra and we are
proud to be witness to this important milestone," he said,
congratulating the people of Maharashtra and those from the
state living elsewhere on this occasion.
The Governor said it was his "sacred duty to pay tributes
to the known and unknown martyrs whose supreme sacrifice
resulted in the creation of Samyukta Maharashtra."
"The galaxy of saints produced by Maharashtra spread the
message of equality and fraternity, long before these concepts
were accepted by the West," he said.
Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj, who enjoys a unique place of
reverence in the hearts of millions of people, established a
competent and progressive civil rule based on justice, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj