Maharashtra has provided pragmatic leadership: Governor
Mumbai: Maharashtra, which is celebrating 50
years of its formation today, has provided pragmatic
leadership in diverse areas including national polity,
industry and trade, Governor K Sankaranarayanan said here.
"Maharashtra has provided pragmatic leadership in diverse
areas including national polity, industry, trade, literature,
music, fine arts, entertainment, science and technology," the
Governor said today at a ceremonial parade, organised at
Shivaji Park, to mark the state`s golden jubilee.
"Completion of 50 years of the formation of the state is
a watershed in the history of Samyukta Maharashtra and we are
proud to be witness to this important milestone," he said,
congratulating the people of Maharashtra and those from the
state living elsewhere on this occasion.
The Governor said it was his "sacred duty to pay tributes
to the known and unknown martyrs whose supreme sacrifice
resulted in the creation of Samyukta Maharashtra."
"The galaxy of saints produced by Maharashtra spread the
message of equality and fraternity, long before these concepts
were accepted by the West," he said.
Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj, who enjoys a unique place of
reverence in the hearts of millions of people, established a
competent and progressive civil rule based on justice, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part II