Maharashtra official attacked by sand mafia
Mumbai: Even as the dust has yet to settle over Malegaon Additional District Collector Yashwant Sonawane’s gruesome murder by the oil mafia, another government official was attacked in Maharashtra, this time by the sand mafia.
According to reports, revenue official Srinivas Patil was attacked by goons in Sangli for trying to stop illegal sand mining. The attack took place earlier this week.
Srinivasan was attacked with stones by three men while he was chasing a truck full of sand on his motorcycle.
The police have arrested the three suspects.
Yashwant Sonawane was burnt alive by members of the oil mafia in Nashik district on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?