Maharashtra official attacked by sand mafia
Mumbai: Even as the dust has yet to settle over Malegaon Additional District Collector Yashwant Sonawane’s gruesome murder by the oil mafia, another government official was attacked in Maharashtra, this time by the sand mafia.
According to reports, revenue official Srinivas Patil was attacked by goons in Sangli for trying to stop illegal sand mining. The attack took place earlier this week.
Srinivasan was attacked with stones by three men while he was chasing a truck full of sand on his motorcycle.
The police have arrested the three suspects.
Yashwant Sonawane was burnt alive by members of the oil mafia in Nashik district on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- APICET 2016 Results: (apicet.net.in) AP ICET Result 2016, AP Integrated Common Entrance Test Results declared
- PM Narendra Modi, Sonia Gandhi pay homage to Jawaharlal Nehru on 52nd death anniversary
- Gwyneth Paltrow, Chris Martin officially divorced
- Islamic State hit by 150 US-led air strikes near Syria`s Raqa: Monitor
- Veerappan movie review: Brilliant camerawork engages you