Maharashtra official attacked by sand mafia
Mumbai: Even as the dust has yet to settle over Malegaon Additional District Collector Yashwant Sonawane’s gruesome murder by the oil mafia, another government official was attacked in Maharashtra, this time by the sand mafia.
According to reports, revenue official Srinivas Patil was attacked by goons in Sangli for trying to stop illegal sand mining. The attack took place earlier this week.
Srinivasan was attacked with stones by three men while he was chasing a truck full of sand on his motorcycle.
The police have arrested the three suspects.
Yashwant Sonawane was burnt alive by members of the oil mafia in Nashik district on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened