Mahindra wants to do something for Bhopal victims
Bhopal: Former Union Carbide India chairman
Keshub Mahindra and four others convicted on June 7 in the
Bhopal Gas leak case were Tuesday granted bail by a court here.
UCIL former Managing Director Vijay Gokhle, former Vice
President Kishore Kamdar, former Works Manager J Mukund and
former Production Manager S P Choudhry were others granted
bail by Chief Judicial Magistrate R V Singh.
Former Plant Superintendent K V Shetty and former
Operator S I Qureshi, who were also convicted, did not get
bail today as they were not present in the court.
The convicts had filed an appeal in the Sessions Court
against the June 7 verdict which had directed them to seek
bail from Chief Judicial Magistrate.
They were sentenced under section 304 A, 336, 337 and 338
read with section 35 of the IPC under which each was awarded
two years imprisonment and a fine of over Rs 1 lakh under
different sections was imposed on them by CJM Mohan P Tiwari.
Meanwhile, talking to reporters outside the court,
Mahindra said he wanted to do some work for the gas victims.
"I have been saying for last 20 years that it is my
desire to do something concrete for the gas victims."
Mahindra said he did not accept the charges framed
against him in the 1984 Bhopal gas leak case.
He said he had resigned from the membership of a business
committee set up by the Prime Minister as he did not consider
it proper to continue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh