Maintain decorum: Omar tells Sangma
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Wednesday said opposition-backed Presidential candidate PA Sangma should maintain decorum as he was contesting elections for the highest office of the country.
"Note to Mr Sangma - you are contesting elections to the highest office in the land, would it hurt you to maintain a measure of decorum?" Omar wrote on the micro-blogging site twitter.com.
Although Omar did not elaborate any further on the issue, the comment was apparently in response to Sangma`s reported remarks in Mumbai that Rashtrapati Bhawan was being used as a dumping ground for `failed` former finance minister Pranab Mukherjee.
"The Raisina Hill is being used as a dumping ground for the failed finance minister," Sangma told reporters yesterday at Mumbai while mobilising support for his Presidential bid.
Omar`s National Conference, which is part of the UPA at Centre and leads the coalition government with Congress in the state, has pledged support for Mukherjee`s candidature.
The Presidential Elections will be held on July 19.
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- Philippines` Aquino vows to `neutralise` Abu Sayyaf kidnappers
- JEE Main Result 2016 declared; check on cbseresults.nic.in, jeemain.nic.in
- Archery World Cup: Deepika Kumari equals world record in recurve event
- Subramanian Swamy attacks Sonia Gandhi, to give her 'another' name next time
- Gold price glitters by Rs 215 to Rs 29,790 per ten grams