Maintain decorum: Omar tells Sangma
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Wednesday said opposition-backed Presidential candidate PA Sangma should maintain decorum as he was contesting elections for the highest office of the country.
"Note to Mr Sangma - you are contesting elections to the highest office in the land, would it hurt you to maintain a measure of decorum?" Omar wrote on the micro-blogging site twitter.com.
Although Omar did not elaborate any further on the issue, the comment was apparently in response to Sangma`s reported remarks in Mumbai that Rashtrapati Bhawan was being used as a dumping ground for `failed` former finance minister Pranab Mukherjee.
"The Raisina Hill is being used as a dumping ground for the failed finance minister," Sangma told reporters yesterday at Mumbai while mobilising support for his Presidential bid.
Omar`s National Conference, which is part of the UPA at Centre and leads the coalition government with Congress in the state, has pledged support for Mukherjee`s candidature.
The Presidential Elections will be held on July 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune