Maintenance of fighting abilities a top priority: Admiral Verma
New Delhi: India`s top Navy commanders
on Tuesday discussed the security scenario and naval preparedness
with Chief of Naval Staff Admiral Nirmal Verma underlining the
need to pay maximum attention to maintenance of the force`s
war fighting capabilities.
Addressing the four day-long Naval Commander`s
Conference, Admiral Verma said the Navy must remain prepared
to deploy ships, submarines and aircrafts at "immediate
"With the security situation being fluid, we need to
maintain the organisational ability to deploy ships,
submarines and aircraft at immediate notice," he said
addressing the biannual conference.
Amid Navy`s growing involvement in coastal and
maritime security, Admiral Verma drew the Commanders`
attention to the fact that maintenance of war fighting
abilities remains the top priority despite the fact it has
large number of peacetime commitments at hand.
The CNS further said that due to increasing demand of
maritime security, the naval personnel are spending longer
hours and many more days at sea.
Over the four days, the Navy will examine and review
its operational readiness and assess its ability to tackle
current and emerging challenges.
On coastal security, Verma stressed on the need for
maintaining a high level of effectiveness with increased
patrolling and synergised efforts with all the stakeholders
like Coast Guards, Marine Police, Customs and Sagar Prahri
He also stressed that the ongoing anti-piracy
operations of the Indian Navy will also need to be sustained.
On need for maintaining Navy`s network centric
capability for seamless and swift operations, he stressed on
the need to have a proper security for such systems and
Navy recently showcased its network centric
capabilities during the TROPEX exercise in February this year.
On progress of naval ship-building in the country,
Verma stated that almost all the warships ships planned to be
inducted in the next 15 years would be built in India.
The Navy will also review its material and logistics
preparedness during the conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video