Maj Gen moves Tribunal, alleges he was falsely implicated
New Delhi: A retired Major General,
facing action for alleged financial bungling in procuring
equipment for UN contingents, has approached the Armed Forces
Tribunal seeking to set aside the inquiry against him, saying
rules were violated by Army during the probe.
In his petition, Maj Gen Anil Sarup-- an Ordnance
Corps officer, has contended that rules were not followed
while conducting the Court of Inquiry (COI) against him and
the charges against him were "unsubstantiated" and he was
Commenting on the plea, Army`s Senior Counsel in the
case Colonel R Balasubramanian said, "all the rules and
regulations in the case were followed during the COI and the
disciplinary proceedings are going on in the case."
The COI presided over by a Lt Gen-rank officer had
held Sarup blameworthy of financial misappropriation in the
purchase of items like clothing, accessories, generator sets
and associated equipment for a unit deploying overseas on a
United Nations mission in 2007.
The disciplinary proceedings against Sarup are still
on and the Summary of Evidence (SOE) is being held in Yol
Cantt in Himachal Pradesh.
Sarup`s attachment order for disciplinary action was
issued by the Army authorities a day before he retired on July
31 last year and they invoked Section 123 of the Army Act,
which empowers them to take action against individuals who
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog