Major changes in Army top brass, five new commanders appointed
New Delhi: Major changes were made on Friday in the top brass of the Army with the Government clearing appointment of five commanders for the four operational and one training command of the force.
Lt Gen Sanjeev Chachra was shifted from Western Command to head the all-important Northern Command in Udhampur.
In the command engaged heavily in counter terrorism operations in Jammu and Kashmir and guarding the sensitive Line of Control with Pakistan and the Line of Actual Control with China in Ladakh sector, he will succeed Lt Gen K T Parnaik, who is retiring on June 30.
In the Chandimandir-based Western Command, Lt Gen Philip Campose will replace Chachra.
Lt Gen Pravin Bakshi, who was heading the Leh-based 14 Corps will be given the command of the Lucknow-based Central command.
The present incumbent Lt Gen Anil Chait will move to head the tri-service Integrated Defence Staff here to succeed Lt Gen N C Marwah who will retire on June 30.
Director General Information technology Lt Gen Sanjiv Madhok will proceed to head the Army Training Command in Shimla from June 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan