Major fire in Rajasthan village, Army called in
Jaipur: A major fire on Sunday broke out at Nangla Tula village in Rajasthan`s Bharatpur district, prompting civil authorities to press the Army into service.
There was no immediate report of any casualty as the villagers were evacuated, officials said.
"Reason behind the fire is not clear immediately but it spread in the entire village, which has a population of around 1,000 people," Circle Officer Bayana Rajesh Chaudhary said.
"One column of Army personnel and two fire tenders were pressed into service on requisition by the district collector of Bharatpur," defence spokesperson S D Goswamy said.
The fire broke out at around 11 AM in a house and engulfed other houses soon. There is a huge loss of property, and fodder but residents are safe, Chaudhary said.
Meanwhile, police sources said that minor fire incident were also reported from two other places in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka