Major fire in Rajasthan village, Army called in
Jaipur: A major fire on Sunday broke out at Nangla Tula village in Rajasthan`s Bharatpur district, prompting civil authorities to press the Army into service.
There was no immediate report of any casualty as the villagers were evacuated, officials said.
"Reason behind the fire is not clear immediately but it spread in the entire village, which has a population of around 1,000 people," Circle Officer Bayana Rajesh Chaudhary said.
"One column of Army personnel and two fire tenders were pressed into service on requisition by the district collector of Bharatpur," defence spokesperson S D Goswamy said.
The fire broke out at around 11 AM in a house and engulfed other houses soon. There is a huge loss of property, and fodder but residents are safe, Chaudhary said.
Meanwhile, police sources said that minor fire incident were also reported from two other places in the district.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'