Major fire in Rajasthan village, Army called in
Jaipur: A major fire on Sunday broke out at Nangla Tula village in Rajasthan`s Bharatpur district, prompting civil authorities to press the Army into service.
There was no immediate report of any casualty as the villagers were evacuated, officials said.
"Reason behind the fire is not clear immediately but it spread in the entire village, which has a population of around 1,000 people," Circle Officer Bayana Rajesh Chaudhary said.
"One column of Army personnel and two fire tenders were pressed into service on requisition by the district collector of Bharatpur," defence spokesperson S D Goswamy said.
The fire broke out at around 11 AM in a house and engulfed other houses soon. There is a huge loss of property, and fodder but residents are safe, Chaudhary said.
Meanwhile, police sources said that minor fire incident were also reported from two other places in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days