Major fire in Rajasthan village, Army called in
Jaipur: A major fire on Sunday broke out at Nangla Tula village in Rajasthan`s Bharatpur district, prompting civil authorities to press the Army into service.
There was no immediate report of any casualty as the villagers were evacuated, officials said.
"Reason behind the fire is not clear immediately but it spread in the entire village, which has a population of around 1,000 people," Circle Officer Bayana Rajesh Chaudhary said.
"One column of Army personnel and two fire tenders were pressed into service on requisition by the district collector of Bharatpur," defence spokesperson S D Goswamy said.
The fire broke out at around 11 AM in a house and engulfed other houses soon. There is a huge loss of property, and fodder but residents are safe, Chaudhary said.
Meanwhile, police sources said that minor fire incident were also reported from two other places in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai