Major gains for SCs, STs in education sector: Govt
New Delhi: The government today said there has been major gains in the education sector for SCs, STs and people with disabilities since the implementation of Right To Education Act.
There has been a significant drop in the number of out-of-school SC children from 8.2 per cent in 2005 to 5.9 per cent in 2009.
Similarly there has been a reduction in the percentage of out-of-school ST children from 9.5 per cent in 2005 to 5.2 per cent in 2009, HRD Minister M M Pallam Raju said.
Addressing the national monitoring committee for education of SCs, STs and persons with disabilities, he said his ministry has earmarked over Rs 12,000 crore under SC sub plan and over Rs 6,000 crore under tribal sub plan for 2013-14.
Over 93 per cent of the identified children with special needs have been covered through various strategies under RTE, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!