Major overhaul in Narendra Modi`s security cover
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Days after serial blasts rocked Narendra Modi’s rally in Patna, the Central government has decided to provide the Advance Security Liaison (ASL) to Bharatiya Janata Party’s prime ministerial candidate.
Other than the PM, only few VVIPs are accorded such type of high level security.
This comes after six blasts took place on Sunday at Patna`s Gandhi Maidan before the Gujarat Chief Minister was to address ‘Hunkar’ rally. The seventh explosion was at the railway station.
Later, few live bombs were found at the venue, which were defused by the security officials.
Modi, at present has Z-plus security cover provided by the National Security Guard (NSG), will now get PM-like security.
On Wednesday, Gujarat police had accused their counterpart in Bihar of security lapses ahead of the `Hunkar` rally of Modi for 2014 General Elections on October 27.
Gujarat Director General of Police Pramod Kumar accused the Bihar police of indifference and for being lax and said that they had been in constant contact with the police in Patna.
He alleged that the Patna police had only reluctantly agreed to hold a joint meeting regarding the security arrangements for Modi`s rally with them. He further said that the Patna police did not conduct any standard security drills and there were no metal detectors in place.
Multiple blasts rocked the capital of Bihar, ahead of Modi`s rally on Sunday. However, BJP went ahead with the rally. They blamed Nitish government the next day for security lapses. The Bihar CM denied the allegations and said that no specific intelligence inputs had been received by his government.
Six people died in the blasts and more than eighty have been injured. Meanwhile, the Centre has handed over the case to the NIA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic