Major overhaul in Narendra Modi`s security cover
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Days after serial blasts rocked Narendra Modi’s rally in Patna, the Central government has decided to provide the Advance Security Liaison (ASL) to Bharatiya Janata Party’s prime ministerial candidate.
Other than the PM, only few VVIPs are accorded such type of high level security.
This comes after six blasts took place on Sunday at Patna`s Gandhi Maidan before the Gujarat Chief Minister was to address ‘Hunkar’ rally. The seventh explosion was at the railway station.
Later, few live bombs were found at the venue, which were defused by the security officials.
Modi, at present has Z-plus security cover provided by the National Security Guard (NSG), will now get PM-like security.
On Wednesday, Gujarat police had accused their counterpart in Bihar of security lapses ahead of the `Hunkar` rally of Modi for 2014 General Elections on October 27.
Gujarat Director General of Police Pramod Kumar accused the Bihar police of indifference and for being lax and said that they had been in constant contact with the police in Patna.
He alleged that the Patna police had only reluctantly agreed to hold a joint meeting regarding the security arrangements for Modi`s rally with them. He further said that the Patna police did not conduct any standard security drills and there were no metal detectors in place.
Multiple blasts rocked the capital of Bihar, ahead of Modi`s rally on Sunday. However, BJP went ahead with the rally. They blamed Nitish government the next day for security lapses. The Bihar CM denied the allegations and said that no specific intelligence inputs had been received by his government.
Six people died in the blasts and more than eighty have been injured. Meanwhile, the Centre has handed over the case to the NIA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’