Major reshuffle in AICC secretariat on the cards
New Delhi: With Rahul Gandhi taking the centre stage, a major reshuffle in the AICC secretariat is on the cards, which could see fresh faces as the party braces up for the Lok Sabha elections just 15 months away.
A day after the AICC meeting in Jaipur endorsed his anointment as vice president of the party, talk has begun in the party headquarters that the changes could be effected sooner than later.
When a new leader comes, he comes with his team is the general refrain in the party. The Jaipur conclave saw demands by party leaders that youths should be represented more in the party organisation in view of the changing demographic profile of the country.
The reshuffle could see replacement of some general secretaries as well as introduction of some new faces. There is also a likelihood of some leaders already holding position in AICC getting an elevation, party sources said today.
The in-charges of many states could also be replaced. Several young Congress MPs and Youth Congress office-bearers, groomed by 42-year-old Rahul could get prominent responsibilities in the AICC reshuffle.
Names of Ashok Tanwar, Meenakshi Natarajan, Karnataka Youth Congress chief Krishna Byre Gowda, MPs Jyoti Mirdha, Manicka Tagore and Deepender Hooda are doing rounds for key party positions.
Soon after the elevation of Rahul, Youth Congress chief Rajiv Satav had said in Jaipur that with the advent of Rahul, youth era has dawned in the party.
In his speech in the AICC meeting yesterday, Satav had said, "This is the country`s oldest party and it is going to become the youngest party."
A senior party leader, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said that the reshuffle is the next natural thing to happen after Rahul`s anointment as vice president but refused to commit on a timeline.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy