Major Suresh Suri killed in J&K gun battle cremated
Hyderabad: The mortal remains of Major
J Suresh Suri, who was killed in a gun battle with militants
in Jammu and Kashmir, were consigned to flames at Bansilalpet
crematorium here on Friday.
Major Suri (30), a native of Hyderabad, was killed in a
fierce gunfighting with militants at Bandipora in north
Kashmir on Wednesday.
Amid slogans of `Bharat Mata Ki Jai` and `Major Suresh
Suri Amar Rahe` a huge procession with Suri`s photo on a
flower-decked Army vehicle carrying his mortal remains in a
coffin draped in tricolour was brought to Bansilalpet
The last rites were performed with full military honours
at about 11.30 am.
Earlier, Andhra Pradesh Home Minister P Sabitha Indra
Reddy and senior Army officials placed wreaths on Suri`s body
and paid tributes at his house in Vani Nagar in Malkajgiri
here this morning.
Scores of locals and Suri`s friends, relatives and family
members also bid a tearful adieu to the departed soul.
The Major`s body was flown to Delhi from Srinagar after
military honours and brought to city last night. Suri is
survived by wife S Pallavi and mother Girija.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?