Major trade unions demand rollback of petrol price
New Delhi: Major central trade unions, including Congress-backed INTUC, have decided to hold a two-day agitation on May 30 and 31 for a roll-back of the steep hike in price of petrol.
It also threatened a larger agitation, alleging the economic policies of the government has put the country in a "peril".
"When it was urgently necessary to take effective steps to curb the criticality of the economic crisis, government has moved in the reverse way, perpetuating the crisis and pushing the people, particularly the working masses, into intolerable hardships," the unions said a release today.
Asking the working class to register their protest against the Rs 7.5 hike in petrol prices during the two-day agitation, the unions said they will meet on July 11 to decide their course of action.
The agitation is being supported by Indian National Trade Union Congress (INTUC), BJP affiliated Bharatiya Mazdoor Sangh, All India Trade Union Congress, Hind Mazdoor Sabha and Centre of Indian Trade Unions etc.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!